adbright

Monday, October 4, 2021

supply chain blues

 supply chain blues

fiction

edward w pritchard


I Stopped at auto zone the other day to have the catalytic converter scanned and for the second time in six weeks the auto zone near my house said their scanner was broken and they couldn't get another one sent because of severe supply chain issues throughout America. Looking online for assistance I noticed an article from Bank of America recommending for the immediate future investors not invest in companies dependent on supply chains.

Thinking back to when I was in business I couldn't recall too many legitimate and concrete concerns that didn't require a supply chain. 

I recall when I was night auditor at a hotel one cold slow night that a local lady of the evening  stopped at the desk and offered me free sex if I would refer rich golfers who came into town for the PGA golf extravaganza at the Firestone county club. Thinking on my feet I told her I had enough trouble with my own women. Laughing a bit she offered me a cash commission for each referral. As I mentioned earlier about my hotel days rumor had it that my hotels owners were pretty tough folks so I politely refused the local lady business women's request to assist her with her supply chain. 



No comments:

Post a Comment