adbright

Thursday, February 3, 2022

global warming at the end of your life

 global warming at the end of your life

fiction

edward w pritchard

As a teenager among many other dreams once I thought to be a weather person forecasting climate changes. 

I spent a year in high school in a ROTC class toward that end [ one hour a day] where I learned to march, learned I was officer material,  and decided I did not want to fight in the VietNam war. 

Jump forward fifty two years and I decided to read a little on global warming. Keep in mind I read a little of about fifteen books a week and often throw them away, donate them to catholic charity [ sneak into a church and leave a book on the shelf where churchgoers pick up programs for Sunday services] or try to give them away for somebodies need to know something whether they want to or not. 

This week I found a book by Brian Fagan on " the little ice age". It's a good first read on a very general over view of climate change and history. I paid 40 cents for a nearly new copy at the bins at the goodwill so it was a good value. 

Climate change won't matter much to me soon but I do like to understand the big issues of our times. I assume you don't have an advanced degree in climate-tology but " the little ice age 1300 to 1850" is a good place to get a few ideas on the topic. As for myself about the most important thing so far I have learned from Fagan's book is westerly winds and westerly currents flow in opposite directions. [ on the ocean that is].

No comments:

Post a Comment