adbright

Tuesday, April 26, 2016

congested urban centers; blues for my President Obama

congested urban centers; blues for my President Obama

fiction
edward w pritchard


I spent the weekend in one of America's congested urban centers. I visited Chicago again by train. I Loved it.

Forever will I have "Chicago in Mind" [1] but I didn't over pay at a blues club for the privilege.

I didn't have a unique hot dog, I didn't cleverly quote about broad shoulders and civilization and I didn't stuff myself with too thick slices of deep dish pizza.

When I go to Chicago I do exactly what I want to. Chicago congested urban center has everything a man could want and I choose my pleasures with joy and finesse. For me it's art museums, sitting near the blue waters of Lake Michigan and a sports bar; beer with a bit of professional baseball, the Cubs from the national league for the early game and White Sox American league after dark.

Rumbling slowly out of town by night train through the south side look mournfully at what America has become- nobody going nowhere but in Love with it all just the same. Chicago congested urban center please leave the light on for me until I return again.

[1] Albert Ammonds " Chicago in Mind" just slow enough piano blues style jazz piece

No comments:

Post a Comment