adbright

Friday, September 1, 2017

just another opinion

just another opinion

fiction
edward w pritchard

Some people like to fish, some like to read, some like to text or chat with their many acquaintances and some of us like to watch baseball on TV. When I was young I had no idea why the Cleveland Indians mascot would be considered racist. When I found out and understood, as an aside I always cheered the native Americans in cowboy shows, I still liked to watch my Home team but I decided we should remove the offensive mascot.

Let's remove the racist Indian mascot after this season. Remove the mascot -Win or lose -in the playoffs. Life is too short to fight losing battles over embarrassing and antiquated issues.

Native Americans were cool, they worked hard, they taught us many things, let's not insult their decedents alive today.

No comments:

Post a Comment