adbright

Sunday, November 4, 2018

first there is a mountain then no mountain then there is a mountain

first there is a mountain then no mountain then there is a mountain

fiction
edward w pritchard

First there is a mountain then no mountain then there is a mountain.[1]

When I first traveled to far away places I was amazed and delighted at the diversity of the world external to myself.

When I later traveled to  marvel at places far away I was cynical and skeptical finding unusual philosophies to justify my need to stay put where I was born and need for solitude.

Now I am myself where ever I am and my philosophy is more interested in if or if not I myself have changed with new sensations and locales or if I do in fact, have a permanent self.

[1] attributed to the singer Donovan

No comments:

Post a Comment