adbright

Sunday, May 3, 2020

kent state shootings revisited

Kent state shootings revisited


fiction
edwardw w pritchard

The Kent state shootings upset me as a young man. As I mentioned earlier in these writings I was in journalism class as a high school senior and editor of the school newspaper when I heard of the shootings and was definitely at the time very anti guard anti war.

Recently though after watching a young man who committed a malicious driving violation recently  throw me the double finger while standing along side his car I have reconsidered my position.

Jeffrey Miller one of the students shot at Kent State, the one in the famous photo laying dead on the ground allegedly gave the double fingers to several young Ohio national guardsmen for several minutes prior to being shot dead in 1970.

If you had a rifle, a uniform, were in attack formation and were given the double finger in a tense confrontation would you have been the one to fire?

No comments:

Post a Comment