adbright

Thursday, July 29, 2021

worthless man blues

 worthless man blues

fiction

edward w pritchard


Mostly my favorite music genre continues to be Louisiana blues and most mornings driving to my work I listen to "Junko partner" by various musicians black, white and brown. Lately I listen a lot to Harry Connick Jr's super piano version  of worthless man blues known as " Junko partner" on his tape "30". Junko partner comes out of Angola prison originally but they say it's roots were in Africa. In case you don't know Angola prison is a tough place to spend some prison time especially if you are black.  Originally the land around Angola prison were slave pens where the entrepreneur slave trader Issac Franklin made his fortune. On a similar note I heard recently that the song "Penny Lane" by the Beatles which is a favorite of mine also has a

link to slave trading as millionaire James Penny of  Liverpool England  may been the source of the street name "Penny Lane ". There is a lot of sadness in the study of History. Sorry I learned it sometimes. 


 


No comments:

Post a Comment