adbright

Sunday, July 25, 2010

the movement of vast amounts of people

the movement of vast amounts of people

fiction
edward w pritchard

The noxious vaporous drifted slowly, north to South at no more than seven miles per hour but to not keep moving meant death to human and most larger animals. Steadily day after day I stumbled forward. My strength was long gone and my will shattered but blindly I stumbled, on and on going to where I don't know or care anymore but driven to move and escape the burning of the lungs and confusion that stopping caused; even if one stopped only for a moment in a desperate attempt to regroup or plan a new exit strategy.

The vapors continued to drift South and although alone I stayed with the pack and patiently continued forward.

No comments:

Post a Comment