adbright

Monday, August 23, 2010

comfort food and health

comfort food and health

fiction
edward w pritchard

Needing a job in college I worked as an orderly in the burn ward at the Children's hospital a very intense job. Being inexperienced, I was the unskilled laborer in a very talented and committed group of Doctors and nurses. Eventually the stress and sadness of the job of treating badly burned children got to me and I left suddenly.

Before I did however I had one important duty that I liked. Most of the patients were needing hydration and being children they were allowed and encouraged to have as many Popsicles as they wanted. It was good for morale and relieved the boredom of laying around in pain for them. It took a lot of patience and time for the staff to bring the Popsicles for it interrupted other important work and in time If I was around I did most of it. It was a duty I enjoyed, go to the refrigerator and bring a Popsicle to a very sick kid. On a team everybody helps out as they can.

[note we always served Popsicles [brand name] by Unilever]

No comments:

Post a Comment