adbright

Wednesday, November 24, 2010

shameless product placement

shameless product placement

fiction
edward w pritchard

I grew up in a house that we didn't clean much. Then when I had my own apartment I only cleaned if a special lady was coming by and my motivation was strong and immediate. Later when I lived in a big suburban house someone else did most of the cleaning; all well, since when I left I come to find out not much of the stuff was mine.

Now I have to clean my own house, between housekeeper visits; which because of financing constraints are down to every few years. So I clean regularly, holidays and when I can write my name in the dust on the floor.

When I clean I always go to Wal Mart twice for supplies. Once, the first time I go, I get Clorox, Windex, Lysol, Comet and Brillo pads. Later, when sick of cleaning but not yet done I go back to Wal Mart and get two six packs of Coors Light Beer. Cleaning is always more interesting after the second trip to Wal Mart.

No comments:

Post a Comment