adbright

Tuesday, June 11, 2013

bring the horses to Germany/ part one

bring the horses to Germany/ part one

fiction
Edward w Pritchard

I couldn't tolerate the way we were treating the Polish civilians but being a member of the Nazi party I couldn't let my officers know.

I gathered the eleven other soldiers who refused to commit war crimes here in the Warsaw ghetto and without admitting my true feelings of sympathy for the rest of the group I arranged for us to drive a valuable herd of Lipizzaner horses back to Germany.

No trains were available to transport the horses, all of the trains were full of human cargo going to the concentration camps here and there.

I was able to get an Argentine advisor who was once a gaucho to help us with the horse drive and we have been marching the fine Lipizzaner horses now back through the lines we quickly crossed using the new blitzkrieg technique that I and others recently helped perfect as the modern way to wage war.

No comments:

Post a Comment