adbright

Tuesday, June 25, 2013

edit 2, /true blue odio colodie

edit 2,/true blue odio colodie

True Blue Odio Colodie
you taught the peasants how to pop corn
although you weren't really a noble.
You took my heart
which started harder than stone.
I shuffled the cards and raked in the pots
while we went hand in hand
and sat by your side as babies were born.
Forsaking others, friends, foes, prurient interests
and joined with you at the hip
shut out the dawn.
Acquired things, more than two houses full
and you took me with you as you flew,
soaring together into azure skies.
But your humours eradicated
and you were gone, something else emerged.
Life continues, true blue friends dislocate
and I use my stone cold heart to crack corn for souffles
and preach to unbelievers about life's cycles.
While I Try to grow wings myself,
from the hollow space behind my eyes
I write odes to your gentle voice, as
I remain  forsaken, forlorn and forgotten.
Me, now? I am going to Mars. I'll build a small station
with plastic magnets and mine for mineral rich meteors out there
in space; honk when you float by, drifting toward eternity.

No comments:

Post a Comment