adbright

Thursday, August 8, 2013

anxiety causes fears

anxiety causes fears

fiction
edward w pritchard

repost/ edit

when they came



When my fears came my neighbors stout iron cyclone fence running along my property line didn't stop them.

When trepidations came two flights of stairs didn't slow them.

When anxiety came a dead bolt lock and solid oak door didn't deter them.

When fears came uncle's Smith and Wesson didn't faze them.

When misgivings occurred my wife's pleadings didn't help me.

When fear and trembling over took me my rational arguments didn't interest them.

When I looked through the stout cyclone fence up two flights of stairs through the broken down oak door at my sobbing wife her tears didn't comfort me as worry and quaking carried me away.

No comments:

Post a Comment