adbright

Tuesday, August 20, 2013

the Devil never cuts the cards

the Devil never cuts the cards

fiction
edward w pritchard

ed- "I thought you were supposed to visit us from time to time trying to get our souls."

The Devil- "from time to time for me is like once in your lifetime"

ed- "well,  What's your proposition ?"

The Devil-"no proposition today, I am just passing by"

ed- " Would you like to talk philosophy, I enjoy a good conversation"

The Devil- " No, I am working, I have to let you stay a little bored if I am going to see you later at my place"

ed- " how about listening to some music"

The Devil- " Good, you pick"

ed- " here's St James Infirmary from Snooks Elgin", "seems like you would like that"

The Devil- " Good version, but I like Dave Von Ronk's rendition"

ed- " well to each his own", "how about some cards while we wait"

The Devil- " we are not waiting for anything, I told you it was a social call I am just passing by, but cards would be nice"

ed - "do you want to deal"

The devil- "you can deal, no need for me to cut the cards, I trust you"
end

No comments:

Post a Comment