adbright

Saturday, November 29, 2014

my neighbor's motivations

my neighbor's motivation's

fiction
Edward w Pritchard

I who so fear perpetual anonymity am so confused by my neighbor's disjointed ambiguity concerning their needs for endless privacy and at the same time conspicuous display.

Manicured landscapes, matching hunter green window panes, and burnt orange roof tiles advertised wealth and status to the indifferent world while private security and professionally trained bark-less dogs protect my neighbor from prying eyes.  Additionally two internet security software scans invisibly march hour upon hour to maintain silent vigilance across and upon my neighbors virtual existence.

Highly motivated is my neighbor to have bro-friendships with Lebron James or President Obama but my neighbor trembles at Black folks moving neighborhood by neighborhood North toward his house. Envious is mine neighbor to be on a first name basis with celebrities starring in the Game of Thrones or the movie of the week, yet my neighbor builds a wall with a locking gate around his house, yard and children.

I who so fear perpetual anonymity am so confused by my neighbor's disjointed ambiguity concerning their needs for endless privacy and at the same time conspicuous display. In all things I am mine neighbor.

No comments:

Post a Comment