adbright

Monday, April 13, 2015

educating the child/ part 1

educating the child/ part 1

fiction
Edward w Pritchard

Dr. Mauk- "Go on please"

patient- "I was at work at my desk when I saw the girl." [pause] drinks from plastic cup, looking off for a moment, continues
"a beat up Suburban style white large station wagon pulled up just in front of the window near my desk and I was fumbling for money to pay the driver, it was some sort of a taxi, there were three children and the driver and the baby girl was sitting two seats over from me as we drove through the crowded streets"

Dr. Mauk- "what was the mood inside the conveyance vehicle"

patient- "the driver kept turning around to talk to myself and others, a few times he stood up and faced the rear of the bus and I could see the vehicle in front of us was going very fast but we were gaining on it and I was afraid we would collide. I feared for the baby's life. That was the first time she looked at me directly and I could see the understanding in her eyes"

Dr. Mauk- "tell me about the other vehicle in front of the taxi"

myself-it's the same as before, the vehicle is full of men with machine guns and masks over their eyes and the Van began to swerve dangerously side to side"

Doctor- "excuse me I must take this phone call" 

No comments:

Post a Comment