adbright

Wednesday, July 15, 2015

born a credit, die as a debit; the slate is wiped clean

born a credit, die as a debit; the slate is wiped clean

fiction
edward w pritchard

Wow, sometimes you have to work a little to understand things.

When you are born a credit is created and inexorably sometime after a debit will erase you. There's nothing else to say and nothing to worry about and not thinking about it will not change the end. That's all there is to it.

Here's what I wrote when I understood for myself.

THURSDAY, DECEMBER 19, 2013


Steppin' out; it's philosophy round the clock but it's blues after midnight at my house / part 2

Steppin' out; It's philosophy round the clock but it's blues after midnight at my house/ part 2

fiction
Edward w Pritchard

for Memphis Slim who woke me up

That Doctor didn't mince his words. I could cash in the chips any day now. I would be lucky to make it a few more months. The old heart had been broken once and for all and was about to stop. Life would go on but not for me.

I took the news well I thought. I had been half dead for a long time anyway.

That Doctor was no diplomat. My few loved ones were crowded around a hospital bed and I felt a little foolish for bringing on such a fuss. Maybe I should think about myself instead of the bill. This sounded serious. Even my dearest friend had stopped by, she kind of smiled down at me and I felt a little better.

It looked like I might be steppin out of this life real soon. When you hear the news it's like the book you have been reading is suddenly turned to the last page. What's the secret message of it all?

Well for me it was all about Memphis Slim. Yes, the piano blues man. He brought me comfort in my grief. " you may have me all the time, you may never pass my way, Mother Earth is waiting for you that's a debt you got to pay."

Suddenly the hospital bill doesn't seem so important.

Memphis Slim's lyric were cleaved from an ancient rock and handed to me in language I couldn't ignore. " You may not be happy all the time, you may never feel that way, Mother Earth is waiting for you that's a debt you have to pay." It was the same old song but with a different meaning that night after the heart tried to quit pumping once and for all.

The blues sing a lonely walk. Mean old blues you got to walk alone. Nobody else can walk them for you. Your diamonds will keep their beauty long after you are gone only some one else will wear them and worry about thieves taking them.

"When it all  comes down you got to get down to Mother Earth."

A series time or B series time in philosophy is so confusing. Change your philosophy; " when it all comes down you got to get back to Mother Earth."

No comments:

Post a Comment