adbright

Thursday, March 8, 2018

where to another time or just another place

where to another time or just another place

fiction
edward w pritchard

Where to my friends another time or just another place?

Sometimes I awake from dreams with time juxtaposed rather oddly. Tonight waking at two thirty in the morning vividly dreams upset my equilibrium.

In dreams I was twelve years old on the football field again and while scrimmaging with some of the gang one of the offensive players who passed away a few years later was prophesying to us about the internet of the future when suddenly he started telling us that we might have to fight in the trenches of WW1 as a group. I awoke suddenly and to calm my mood,

I am imagining myself in another place, a pleasant place of peace and serenity, neither past or present
just somewhere else, somewhere I have been before and enjoyed.

Tonight I imagine and remember myself at the National Art Gallery of London one of the world's premier art galleries. In mind's eye I remember a pleasant two hour walk among-st the exquisite paintings.

First among paintings to me at the National gallery of Art is the Arnolfini Wedding by Van Eyck. You know the work he holds his right hand up formally and wears a funny black hat while she smiles while pregnant. Detail and symbolism abound but what does it mean?

Complete your walk by viewing the Leonardo's Virgin on the Rocks, Raphael's Pope Julius the second, a Vermeer, a few Rembrandt self portraits and the Rokeby Venus by Velazquez.

The national Gallery of Art in London it's a nice another place to spend a little time; better by half than a tour of duty in the trenches as a British or French soldier in WW1.

Time to awake soon and get back to the real world.

No comments:

Post a Comment