adbright

Tuesday, May 8, 2018

the spaces in our togetherness

the spaces in our togetherness

fiction
edward w pritchard

The spaces in our togetherness [1] have expanded beyond space to the dimensions of time which is dark, frigid and unoccupied. I have moved so far from your shadow that I see neither the cypress or the oak tree only decaying leaves of forgetfulness. The silence is deadening. I yearn to speak to escape my thoughts of isolation but the strings of the lute are broken and I don't know which direction to whisper into to send you a message on the wind. The pillars of the temple have crumbled to dust and the shadow of your smile points in another dimension. No longer can I sing or dance and being alone from you so long brings me no joy and becalms the soothing winds of heaven. Love's bond of invisible string is stretched uselessly into approaching eternity.

[1] all thoughts reworked from Kahlil  Gibran's "the Prophet" concerning when love was new

No comments:

Post a Comment