adbright

Tuesday, December 11, 2018

the poetry of dissent

the poetry of dissent

fiction
edward w pritchard


One must live modestly if one is to keep one's cover as an informant.

I collect a generous federal government pension here in the state of Ohio from my work in the sixties as an informant for the FBI and a NARC both of which I did strictly for money, never for patriotism or ideals. Point of fact I collect as much money in my federal government monthly pension as some former Senators or Congressmen.

I never draw attention to myself by my lifestyle or habits. I rise promptly at 6am winter or summer and am in bed by 9 pm for I detest the dark. I mow my own yard at my small house on my only indulgence, living on a beautiful Lake, and I shop only at dollar stores and I buy everything else I need used at the goodwill.

Studying  poetry at Kent State University in May of 1970 I caused the deaths of four young students by my under cover activities for the FBI.

More later that's-enough confession for this morning. Except say, to Eight more days to my social security check, which comes at mid month.

One more thing: Here's the poem I wrote back in 1970 which caused the Kent State shootings.

Watch,
don't speak.
events are influenced by secret planning
don't tell anyone
your motives are yours alone
let the erasure of time conceal your existence.

No comments:

Post a Comment