adbright

Thursday, June 6, 2019

bargaining with the devil

bargaining with the devil

fiction
edward w pritchard

Wanting to raise a little quick cash to withstand the up coming financial storms on wall street I searched out and did beseech the Devil to buy my soul.The Devil looked at me with those intriguing black eyes saying he didn't understand the leviathan american economy and said he was laying low for a while. So for him business was temporarily on hold, until the slowdown was over and things picked up again.

Then he said "it starts next week".

" What should I do to withstand the gales to come." I ventured

"Pay the Doctor and check out of the big Hotel early he said",then whispered "before you go".

and I pleaded, help us

"You and the others are inconsequential" he said." the IRS doesn't mean to worry you" "just pay the Doctor before you go".

No comments:

Post a Comment