adbright

Sunday, June 30, 2019

Can anyone break a window

Can anyone break a window

fiction
edward w pritchard

In my youth I heard a wise person say philosophically "anyone can break a window"  suggesting in an unspoken manner "that only a master craftsman could create a window". I recall that then this thought silenced and impressed me.

Upon reflection now however, nearly a half century later I have a perhaps different view of the matter.

We are surrounded and imprisoned by the invisible fragile windows of civilization and habit. Other than malicious boys, soon to be properly civilized, no one heaves a rock through a window of the court house, IRS office, or property tax division as a voiceless commentary on the present state of things as they are.

 Is the glass half full or in need of being broken? Someday should I meet a philosopher we shall ask.

No comments:

Post a Comment