adbright

Saturday, December 28, 2019

a collection of processes

a collection of processes

fiction
edward w pritchard

I had a medical test using the latest technology to survey the source of the spark of life within my body. The objective was by examining one specific part of me to allow that which I call myself collectively to continue its existence.

In protest for the first time the collective entity that is my soul spoke to me about the invasion of it's temporary domain. I did not understand how the soul communicates with us but the message was stone cold crystal clear. This was not a metaphysical inference or message from the soul but more of a warning and obviously it produced a certain dread and alarm that instantly was understood at a mysterious level.

Over the years I have read a hundred fifty books and references in theology, philosophy and mystical writings of the experiences of the saints on the soul and self and the various inferences, guesses  and interpretations of what is the self in us and what is the soul in us. Previously I would say my philosophy on the matter of the existence of soul and within us a self or non-self was not a speculative doctrine of psychology or philosophy but an obscure soteriological one. Now for the first time I see and understand as a dim  distant light the question of non self and soul as something perceptible and comprehensibly interesting but at the same time as of possible importance at a level above mere curiosity.

No comments:

Post a Comment