adbright

Tuesday, December 3, 2019

for our Russian readers/ part 2

for our Russian readers/ part 2

fiction
edward w pritchard

Even here in America when we want to emphasize that somewhere is very cold we use Siberia as the place of compare.

Yesterday after my work of watching the grandchildren I went down to the Lake near the house and spent five cold hours gathering fallen tree branches building a fire near the shore and walking about enjoying a cold winter evening. Unfortunately the sky was over cast so no star watching but it was a delightful winter evening capped off by a cold beer from a nearly frozen can.

Sometimes as I walk I imagine myself in Siberia at 50 below zero. Surviving the cold is a matter of willpower, habit and a good Russian style hat.

Live a life less ordinary.Turn off the TV and walk in the cold for a few hours. It will bring you much happiness.

No comments:

Post a Comment