adbright

Saturday, February 26, 2011

motivational speaker

motivational speaker

fiction
edward w pritchard

Yes, I was down to my last nickle. It was the bottom for me, sitting in front of a slot machine luck running cold. I kept pushing for that big jackpot that would bring me even again. I was down to my last nickle and in those days we used real coins in the machines.

As I prepared to doggedly drop that last nickle in the slot something flashed at me from the back of the coin. In God we trust it said. Looking carefully I re-read that three times- In God we trust-.

I took a few minutes there in the dim light and examined that nickle. It was a 1950D, uncirculated, a very rare coin. Turning it over, the buffalo was facing the wrong way, a mint error, extremely valuable. I stood up let out a stale lung full of second hand smoke, shot my hands up toward heaven and shouted an acclamation

The rest is history. Now about my book..

No comments:

Post a Comment