adbright

Saturday, February 12, 2011

over the mountains of the moon-part 2

over the mountains of the moon-part 2

fiction
edward w pritchard

see part 1 previous post

Now in addition to the half dozen tests we take a day to detect various forms of poisoning from the environment here on the moon, we will soon start an expression scan. Next Wednesday will be my first one. It's like the old lie detector test used on earth in the past. The expression scan is the latest thing to be given to us employees here on the moon by the corporation to cut down on stealing and other lucrative illegal activities.

The test is delivered by artificial intelligence, Ghe level six [ see previous posts same author June 22, 10]. These highly developed computers scan the human face and based on a library of thousands of stored human facial responses trying to detect or predict illegal activities by employees.

I called by satellite a couple of the boys from the gang I was in back in Chicago on earth for advice. Think of your parents having sex during the expression scan my old mates say. It's supposed to be a sure fire way to fool the computers. Maybe I will try, I need to do something. I would hate to lose this job as a dozer operator on the Mountains of the Moon.

No comments:

Post a Comment