adbright

Friday, October 17, 2014

a roll call of the States; which American State will report the next case of Ebola/ part 3

A roll call of the states; which American states will report the next case of Ebola/ part 3

fiction
Edward w Pritchard

What were the chances? Ebola alert central in America is right here in Akron, Ohio where I live.

I suppose I could to take the news like Governor Rick Perry of Texas did and in a public interview on National television react like a mean little boy and say" I wish [ the Ebola] had [struck] somewhere else." When he was asked how he felt about  Dallas and the great State of Texas being visited by an Ebola victim, that was his response.

Me, I am responding to my risk of contacting Ebola first drug to America from Africa through Dallas and then by plane from a nurse to Cleveland Airport ---by reacting more in curiosity than fear--- by trying to strain my memory to reconstruct WHERE I WAS LAST WEEKEND when the nurse was moving about Akron, Ohio.

I know for a fact I wasn't at Cleveland stadium watching the Cleveland Indians in a playoff game. For those who don't follow major league baseball the Cleveland Indians didn't make it to the playoffs this year, no clutch hitting but great pitching, only so so coaching. I also know I wasn't at a bridal shop looking at wedding dresses with my arm around an eager young bride to be.

Actually I don't think I can recreate exactly where I was last Saturday and Sunday when the nurse from Texas was in Akron. When I saw her picture in the paper though she looked real familiar. Like I had seen her before. I hope she is OK now and not suffering too much.

What are the chances that everyone within the Akron area could recreate exactly where they were last weekend and who they contacted? Who could remember for sure?

Well, maybe I was even in contact with someone from the Public health service in the Akron area. If I was I would tell them it's going to be very difficult to recreate where every potential Ebola contact in the Akron area let alone the larger Cleveland area, the gateway to the world from hereabouts exactly was last weekend and who all they were in proximate contact with.

Should I be unfortunate and contact the Ebola I will keep in contact by blog as long as I can; I am not one for calling much anymore as there is no one much to talk to. I don't know many people anymore and don't get around all that much these days.  
   

No comments:

Post a Comment