adbright

Tuesday, February 24, 2015

can't find my classroom

can't find my classroom

fiction
Edward w Pritchard


Can't find my classroom and as I ask the busy secretary at the counter where I was teaching she instructed me formally to go into the Principal's conference room.

It's always a Black man at Principal, a heavy woman with stacks of folders and a pretty young teacher from the teachers unions at these meetings. I was getting fired again.

The Principal talked too long and was confusing to follow so I remembered to ask the young Lady from the union for the summation page which the stern heavy woman said for the record I had been given a copy of fourteen days ago, hand delivered and signed for. The first citation on the list said I was late for class often not knowing where my room was causing havoc and commotion in the south hallway.

After, I asked the secretary for help with the bus schedule to find a ride back to Little Towers apartment homes. The secretary gave me an umbrella to use because it was raining outside. I was glad to see the office wasn't so busy since it was between classes and the secretaries could take a breather for a moment or two.

No comments:

Post a Comment