adbright

Wednesday, February 4, 2015

New York, my Manhattan; Manhattan my dream

New York my Manhattan; Manhattan my dream

fiction
Edward w Pritchard


We are still the same person, the same cells, electrons and atoms and quarks wherever we go. But what we eat and drink, see and feel, experience and revel in can change us.

Manhattan my dream; I always change when I am near you. Bright lights,75 stories and high vistas;  every building touches the sky and has a porte cochere just for me.

Here's something I wrote before about Manhattan; a tongue in cheek poem to my favorite place away from here.


twenty five thousand restaurants and nowhere to eat

fiction
edward w pritchard

Twenty five thousand restaurants and nowhere to eat. Greater New York has restaurants. I take offense easily but where am I to eat. Alone I enter hopes high, then the waiter slights me, the waitress ignores me and the owner insults me. Day after day it's like this for me.

Maybe out in Jersey. People are better out of the City.

No comments:

Post a Comment