adbright

Wednesday, August 28, 2019

space exploration/part 2

space exploration/part 2

fiction
edward w pritchard

Worse than a new epidemic of the black plague sweeping the earth wiping out most of Europe again was for me the day Pluto was down graded and degraded from it's status as a Planet to a Moon. Pluto the planet is now just to me another lost once precious distraction from life's woes.

Upon reflection for coping reasons I have decided after years of agony that a secret group of rich White men in suits are behind the downgrade of Pluto. Downgrade is such a derogatory word. I try not to think about Pluto all that much any more. Sometimes though in my dreams just prior to waking Pluto is near to me again.

Once space travel to distant galaxies seemed real to me. As long as planet Pluto was around, that last stop before deep space was like the last gas station before a driving trip across death valley in California in July. Friendly, foreign, familiar and once always very near.

No comments:

Post a Comment