adbright

Friday, August 30, 2019

woe to a man who is sane and sober

woe to a man who is sane and sober

fiction
edward w pritchard

Devoid of most earthly attachments here in my old age and finding myself sane and sober I find myself interested scientifically in a universe that expands overly rapidly into un-know nothingness becoming immensely larger and larger. Taking the number crunchers at their word concerning the original big bang as starting as everything the size of a very heavy pebble I have turned to the pre-Socratic philosophers for help in how to think concerning such a conundrum as the birth of the Universe and where it is going and why.

Fifteen years ago I spent fifteen to twenty hours a week for the next ten years reading and studying all the great philosophers of Western History. Still like the pre-Soctratic philosophers of old it is humbling to honestly think for oneself without a supernatural intervention for beginnings and ends
of time and space.

Woe to the man who is sane and sober.

No comments:

Post a Comment