adbright

Saturday, September 28, 2019

advice from Marcus

Advice from Marcus

fiction
edward w pritchard

Tonight I am listening to the beatitudes and reading Marcus Aurelius to make myself a better person. I understand the message of the virtue in what they say and admire the simple beauty of their advice.

However some times the behavior we exhibit does not measure up to the good advice we have received and understood.

Somewhere inside we have certain impulses that trip us up.

Here is what I wrote before on one of our vices, that of impulse.

SATURDAY, SEPTEMBER 3, 2011


pink car, pink seats, pink poodle

pink car, pink seats, pink poodle

fiction
edward w pritchard

Pink car, pink seats, pink poodle. The car was named champion, the plates said fox, and the oversized French poodle was named fee-fee. Lavony wore pink suits and had pink streaks in her hair.

Even after what she did to me I couldn't bring myself to hurt her car. I did shoot her dog. Just one shot. Not in the car. I think Lavony suspected me because I never did like her dog fee-fee.

I saw Lavony driving around the neighborhood later with another dog. I didn't catch it's name.

No comments:

Post a Comment