adbright

Saturday, September 7, 2019

where are you tonight Nelson Wilbury?

where are you tonight Nelson Wilbury?

fiction
edward w pritchard

Where are you tonight Nelson Wilbury? I heard you say all things must pass but it seems less than feasible when it is everybody. When it is ultimate, inevitable and permanent.

Since your gone may I call you George again? [1] Like we did before you were adopted into the Wilbury family. George I felt your pain when you were dealing with your own imminent death and you realized that you would be gone, and you would also pass and it wasn't just a staged gimmick to market music.

Well I am proud of myself cause I won't go screaming into that goodnight and I can imagine no religion too. I am very much at peace. As long as when I fall one last time I don't cause anyone any inconvenience with disposing of me I am calm. It's easier I think for a non celebrity.

Good night George. See you over yonder, maybe. 

[1] George Harrison assumed the contrived stage  identity of Nelson Wilbury with the super band "Traveling Wilburys" to sell music.

No comments:

Post a Comment