adbright

Tuesday, September 3, 2019

the bicycle thief turned the tide

the bicycle thief turned the tide

fiction
edward w pritchard

A bicycle thief stole my bike this week and since I had talked to the culprit prior to the robbery the outlaw changed my philosophy from a sedate orderly America to a world of suspicious interlopers. After the urge to violence and revenge passed I decided to take a short and brief  inward journey and re-examine my regrets and remorse in my life to date, opportunities missed, and friends lost and travel alone sans bike into a pathless future of short but steady duration. Along the way should I interact with anyone or thing I hope to remind myself that most of those we encounter are not really that good of person all in all and it's our unrealistic ideals that cause the regrets and remorse for the most part.

Hence like the youth of today selfishly say- no problem Amigo.


No comments:

Post a Comment