adbright

Sunday, October 3, 2021

Huntington beach oil spill

 Huntington beach oil spill

 fiction 

edward w pritchard

Several times have I been at Huntington beach California at the Pacific Ocean;  when I wasn't watching the girls playing volley ball there near the boardwalk I often would look out to sea and sometimes I would see an oil tanker about a mile out. I always had bad vibes about those massive ships being so close to shore. 

Sadly I see there has been a massive oil spill out near the Huntington boardwalk in California where I often went for tacos and sunshine and Rand R about 50 miles from my brothers fancy home where I sometimes stayed. 

Huntington beach had it's problems then. California never emptied the trash cans there on the pier and the restrooms on the boardwalk hadn't been cleaned in ever so long. 

Still sitting  near the water watching the surfers dodge the pier in the golden sunshine was heavenly. Huntington beach and Manhattan beach up the coast were two of my favorite places to visit. 

Looking down from up high the sky must be crying as Elmore James says in his song by  the destruction of our pristine coastlines. 

No comments:

Post a Comment