adbright

Sunday, March 25, 2012

you don't see many handicapped children at restaurants

you don't see many handicapped children at restaurants

fiction
edward w pritchard

When you are down, when you are blue, when you are dissatisfied with your life or your situation it's nice to go to a restaurant and have a fine meal. It always picks me up when I am lonely or sad to be in a busy restaurant with food I enjoy and have a comfortable but ritualized public experience with other diners, even those I don't know or will never see again.

You don't see many handicapped children at restaurants. It would be nice if given the constraints the world puts on handicapped children if once a week or maybe only once a month they could go out to a restaurant and have a good meal and a comfortable experience. It would be good if anyone handicapped who wanted to go could eat for free once a week at an area restaurant. It could be done on a slow night, like Tuesday maybe. The restaurants that wanted to participate could give the food for free to handicapped children and in return get a sticker or something acknowledging their participation and others of the general dining public would know to patronize that establishment. It's a good idea and good for business.

I hope someone high functioning with lots of drive and organizational skills will put this idea together around here where I live. In the meantime I will try in my way to promote and start the ball rolling.

No comments:

Post a Comment