adbright

Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Jake Wessup had the face of a Botticelli angel

Jake Wessup had the face of a Botticelli angel

fiction
edward w pritchard

Jake Wessup had the face of a Botticelli angel. Jake had that curly thick black hair, wide shoulders and was over six feet tall. When I was a sophomore Jake was a senior and I had quite a crush on him as did most of the girls in our school at one time or the other.

My passion cooled for Jake when I saw him parking cars at Karson's funeral home. Jake looked very good and well pressed in a sharp black suit and well shined shoes. It was the yellow flags he motioned with that turned me off. I was working at Park Ford in Clarksburg as the Summer receptionist and each day as I drove through Morgantown to get to work I passed Karson's funeral home and watched Jake motion the cars into the funeral line for the trip to the cemetery with those yellow flags. Jake seemed nervous in his work and a little unauthentic as he mechanically went  about his job duties stiffly waving those flags and awkwardly stomping around the parking lot outside the funeral parlor.

It was a lesson I learned about handsome men early in life. No matter how good looking someone is it is a turn off to know them too well. I guess the same lesson goes for a Man's attraction to a woman. I have always tried to maintain an air of mystery about myself and never let a man get too familiar and comfortable with me. I guess its a fault with me of sorts but it keeps my life interesting.

No comments:

Post a Comment