adbright

Friday, June 15, 2012

Little Angie, precious maid part 5

Little Angie, precious maid part 5

fiction
edwardw pritchard

day 377

At the library I got a list of sex offenders published by the County prosecutors office  to track down suspects related to my daughters disappearance over one year ago.

There were three names on the list for our small township. I knew two of them. The first was Tommie Snyder. He was prosecuted for dating  the Jennings girl when she was fifteen and Tommie was 18. They are married now.

The second sex offender suspect everyone around here knew. Mr. Seaver the assistant boy scout master. He's in jail for the last two years.

I got arrested for harassing the third name on the sex offender list,Wendell Oliver. He lives in that big house that sits way back on Route 11, the alternate route 11 near Lake Berlin.  I pointed a rifle at Oliver.

I was represented at my hearing by Attorney Bill Aykes. I used to coach him in soccer. He represented me pro bono. A lot of people have been praying for me and I think God got me off the gun charges. We were in the Judge's office up in Ravenna and the lady prosecutor was forty minutes late for our meeting.  Bill and the Judge were talking about duck hunting while we waited for the prosecutor but the topic had been exhausted for twenty minutes and the Judge kept calling me Mr. Sheets and apologizing to me and my counsel about thirty times. Bill played it cool while the Judge got very angry. By chance another employee of the prosecutors office was in the Judge's outer office and the Judge went out there and threated. About ten minutes later the Lady prosecutor arrived, one hour late. She had forgotten our meeting. I got a sweet heart deal, suspended sentence and me and Bill got a personal apology from the Prosecutor.

It's over a year now and I have no leads on what happened to Angie. Richard Byers from the Gym is holding a fund raiser for me at the end of June. He helps someone every year and since I have quit my job to look full time for my missing eight year old daughter he thinks he can raise over two thousand dollars to help me in my search. I didn't know all that many people out here before my daughters disappeared but I have come to respect these Farmers out this way as a special breed of people.
end part 5

No comments:

Post a Comment