adbright

Friday, June 15, 2012

Little Angie, precious maid part 4

Little Angie, precious maid part 4

fiction
edward w pritchard

year four, day 202

It's been a long time since Angie's been gone.  My wife moved to Indiana. We don't talk much but we are still technically married I guess.

I have been out of work a long time. Bobbi Jentner Jr at the fire station suggested I pick up cans and trash as I roam the roads here in the twonship. The other day I walked all the way to the Boardman mall looking for Angie. Angie would be twelve now. I get about twenty dollars a day for the cans and bottles I bring in. I am not sure but I think the volonteer firemen are subsidizing me. The cans can't be worth that much.

I spend a lot of time camping out in the woods anymore. Over in Mentor they call me Johnnie Appleseed. I don't get up there much. Forty miles is a long way to walk. Once I tried to get all the way to Lake Erie. That trip I hitched part of the way.
end part 4

No comments:

Post a Comment