adbright

Friday, June 15, 2012

Little Angie, precious maid part 3

Little Angie, precious maid part 4

fiction
edward w pritchard

Day 84

Today was the first day back at school for the fall term. Angela disappeared on June 12. Miss Polis the second grade teacher had her class make us a card. Hank, the janitor who helped me coach soccer years ago brought the card by. He gave it to my wife. The consensus is she is doing better than me.

I hung the card back at the small barn. Each morning I go back to the small barn where Angela kept her ducks and her lamb and I have a large glass of the water from Mentner's Spring. It will be nice to look at the card from the second grade class at the grade school until I find Angie. The Miller boys bring me several cloudy plastic jugs of the Spring water each week from Mentner's. They have been helping me search around the area for Angie. I am nearly out of the Lithium water.

Today I started carrying a rifle as I walked the back tractor paths between the farms up near Buckley. The TV news said two coyotes were seen on route 45 by a beer truck driver. I recall that a few years ago a bear had wandered here into Eastern Ohio from Pennsylvania when the weather got cooler. With the packs of dogs and now coyotes and maybe a bear or two I thought I should carry a loaded rifle as I walk about looking for Angie.
end part 3

No comments:

Post a Comment