adbright

Saturday, January 3, 2015

gold everywhere in California

gold everywhere in California

fiction
edward w pritchard

After two months of freezing in waist deep rushing river waters in the Mountains of California and gasping for breath in thin air it struck me that my fantasies of riches and longing for reknown were really a desire for knowledge of God. Dropping my pan and abandoning my sluice box I lost altitude as I headed down hill toward the Desert to meditate on my new discoveries.

Like a  sudden deterioration in one's health a desire to know or understand one's perception of God startles one from their " dogmatic slumbers" [1] and initates changes in their stagnant life.

Whether ones is diligently panning for gold or chilling and surfing  waves at the beach we  can get overwhelmed  in the material side of life. Disorientation and pesssimism are a symptom that you have gone astray from your original journey.

Abandon the tools of a gold mining and release your trusty mule to freedom there is Gold everywhere in Califonia.

Search Pilgrim; straighten your back, lift your gaze from the freezing river and commence small steps to  initiate your journey.
end

[1] dogmatic slumbers- attributed to David Hume confirmed atheist

No comments:

Post a Comment