adbright

Sunday, November 22, 2015

George 5th Hotel Paris

George 5th Hotel Paris

fiction
edward w pritchard

I can't remember my conversation at breakfast there at the George 5th Hotel in Paris, France, I can only remember the utter civility of one of Europe's finest hotels. There was a group of lithe Parisian fashion models walking the runway routine there in the restaurant with the Versailles like Hall of mirrors floor to ceiling windows along the narrow golden walls and plush carpeted floors displaying the latest haute couture for the lady tourists. One of whom I sat with eating a light meal. Every table had fresh cut purple flowers in a crystal vase and the chair cushions sunk a foot when you sat down. Your waiter was a man of culture and conversations in the entire Hotel were subdued and civilized.

Paris is so enlightened. So understated, so Romantic, so artsy and such a classical City. Perhaps the premier City in the World.

Why would anyone want to instigate a terrorist attack in Paris?

I wanted to stay at the George 5th because the Beatles had stayed there and they spoke English there. I wasn't rich or decadent. I only wanted the see the Art museums. But myself usually so undemonstrative, Paris stole my Heart.

Now I'll never get back. What a terrible thing to hear, Someone instigated a terrorist attack in Paris, France.

No comments:

Post a Comment