adbright

Friday, December 4, 2015

not having anyone's addresses

not having anyone's addresses

fiction
edward w pritchard

I found a big box of unused Christmas Cards last week in the laundry room closet while looking for a few bulbs for the 2 foot artificial tree that customarily of late gets placed on the coffee table each Christmas the past couple of years. Not having anyone's addresses I haven't sent any Christmas cards this year or last, or for a long time. Usually I get a card from my Aunt out West the good Catholic lady who worries about me. I appreciate her cards.

Mainly I like to listen to Tom Waits "Christmas card from a hooker in Minneapolis" during the Holiday season.

In tribute to Tom Waits here's what I wrote before on the subject:

TUESDAY, DECEMBER 27, 2011


digressions on a song by Tom Waits

digressions on a song by Tom Waits

fiction
edward w pritchard

I 've never been to Minneapolis. Never visited the twin cities or the land of Lakes. I don't have any friends there at all who might send me a Christmas card. I envy the singer Tom Waits who has friends in Minneapolis who send him Christmas cards; like in his song Christmas Card from a Hooker in Minneapolis.

Down here in Cleveland it's not so cold in winter. Hookers down here, around Cleveland they don't write much. They aren't too friendly either and Hookers here around Cleveland, Ohio, they are not too sentimental. They don't send Christmas cards and they don't keep in touch.

Someday maybe around Christmas I can go up to Minneapolis and meet some new friends.
end

No comments:

Post a Comment