adbright

Friday, December 25, 2015

sweet baby Jesus, i see the whole enterprise of your life and it makes me so sad

sweet baby Jesus, I see the whole enterprise of your life and it makes me so sad

fiction
edward w pritchard

Sweet baby Jesus, I see the whole enterprise of your life and it makes me so sad. Right now laying in a crib, calm, serene, the perfect baby; eyes so wise, can you see it all yourself? Where you are going, your startling end? Does it really have to happen?

Someday the good people will hate you, despise your revelations. But that's Easter, that's another Holiday. Some time off, some time in the murky future. Let's not talk of dragging crosses and processionals.

I stand in the Manger with you sweet baby Jesus. Let others sing and bring gifts. I'll catch your eye, I just want to understand.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment