adbright

Wednesday, June 14, 2017

the plight of horses and cows in Nazi occupied Prague circa 1942

the plight of horses and cows in Nazi occupied Prague circa 1942

fiction
edward w pritchard

A year is a long time to live under Nazi occupation of your homeland. Despite attempts to be optimistic, forward looking and to live in the present day to day life is a struggle for me here in Prague. Often I wish I could leave the beautiful City of Prague, the place of my birth and best years and move off into the countryside. Away from the confusion, regrets and away from recriminations of the here and now.

Perhaps I shall go up country to Lidice a small mining village two dozen miles North of historic Prague. Things are slower in a place like Lidice, even in these troubled time not much happens there and a person can get a new start in a rural setting in a place like Lidice.

No comments:

Post a Comment