adbright

Thursday, February 1, 2018

fear and trembling

fear and trembling


fiction
edward w pritchard

When I was starting out in life as an adult in my later teenage years the good lord gave me a unique skill that I did nothing to earn or develop which suited me well in my economic battle with an indifferent world. I came to find out that the world didn't owe me a living or an existence. More to the
point I came to learn that all the Christian values that I assumed my fellow citizens lived by were for Sunday only if at all an no one put the interest of others above the own excepting a few, often Catholic women.

My unique served talent me well for a half dozen or more years when I was starting out. Although I was working nearly full time and in college I supplemented my income with playing Poker several nights per week. It worked out quite well economically but in the long run might have kept me from appreciating the need to develop a real mature type adult style job skills and career.

Hence I found myself in my elderly years facing a hostile economic world as a lower income type with the appropriate poor person mentality of facing a hostile world with fear and trembling.

Despite myself in my situation I find myself often relying on the kindness of strangers.

Thank you Lord for providing those strangers.


note author takes fear and trembling from Kierkegaard and kindness of strangers from Tennessee Williams

No comments:

Post a Comment