adbright

Thursday, February 22, 2018

sometimes I wish I were born Russian

sometimes I wish I were born Russian

fiction
edward w pritchard

These times, these days,  living in America is like standing on a small block of ice in a near freezing lake drifting with the current without a destination.

Sometimes I wish I were born Russian [2] for only one of the great Russian novelists or short story writers such as Gogul could manipulate the words and language to portray the absurdities of contemporary American society accurately and with a proper subtle panache. If Gogul were writing in America today in Russian and I understood the Russian language perhaps he could write a story of fiction explaining Russian political interference in American politics in 2016 and why it occurred. I for one would love to hear Gogul's  take on the matter; perhaps a short story in the style of " The Overcoat".

If I were a Russian politician charged with creating mayhem in American society, politics  and  institutions I would leave American society alone and allow home grown over achievers to wreck the ship of state of American society in four year elected shifts broadcast ad nausea across the various social media channels by beautiful people- who never tell you the whole story. [1]

[1]    author is referencing Quick Silver Messenger's service song " what you going to do about me"

[2] author appreciates his Russian readers

No comments:

Post a Comment