adbright

Thursday, February 15, 2018

god speaks through his journal entries

god speaks through his journal entries

fiction
edward w pritchard

Come to find out did I that like the Judge in a court of law god speaks through his journal entries.

January 31, 1986 at 11:46 AM a MB 5 earthquake occurred in Northeast Ohio where I was which I took as the voice of god jolting me to reconsider my position in the universe. The fact that I doubted god's existence was immaterial at that moment. As was the fact that activities of Men at the nuclear power plant fifty miles away may have induced the rare earthquake by shooting water into bedrock.

The solid building I sat in on the third floor of the old Firestone bank building began to sway. I put down the phone I was working on and made my way slipping to the window and watched the world I knew slide and shake.

Being sophistic then as now I deduced that the universe was trying to tell me something and had been having trouble getting through to me.

Keep you eyes open and your heart alert pilgrim the signs of change surround us though we crave permanence in all things.

No comments:

Post a Comment