adbright

Wednesday, July 31, 2019

our struggle

our struggle

fiction
edward w pritchard

Recently I was walking along a glistening still blue lake and a quaint quiet road with two grand children not quite two and four, one trotting twenty feet in front of me and the young one a girl twenty feet behind me ambling aimlessly and blissfully engrossed in her thoughts. Naturally as the grand parent the thought flashed against my mind what would I do now if two or more wolves would appear as I have a weak heart, am  no longer first to the hunt and was not carrying my precious hand carved walking stick.

Early the next morning in the AM predawn I awoke thinking about those children and home schooling and education in general and our struggle as parents in retrospect when we judge our past experience as parents and guardians of our precious off springs.

No comments:

Post a Comment