adbright

Friday, July 26, 2019

the ghosts have left

the ghosts have left

fiction
edward w pritchard

A now small deserted white building twenty five feet from the tracks once served as the railroad station at Glorieta  NM on the Chicago to Los Angles line. Recently the empty station serves as the towns Post office rather than the railroad station as even the ghosts have left the station.

Glorieta NM. may be familiar to a History buff reading this. It was the scene of an important civil war battle. Confederate troops came close to a decisive victory but when their supply lines were captured and destroyed they were forced to  retreat back into Colorado and later to Texas.

I hope to glance out of the train window from my seat on the Chicago to LA train and see the post office/ex train station in Glorieta NM as my cross county train rambles along the old Santa Fe trail to California. Hope is the word because I am in the first stages of planning a cross country trip by train. I love train travel. Look for me sitting on the second level of the third class coach across the aisle from the Amish family with six children.

No comments:

Post a Comment